If you can't access the video or simply prefer text instructions, here's how to embed a Google Presentation (Google version of powerpoint) into your Moodle site.
These instructions assume the following:
- You have a Google account
- You understand how to create new presentations or upload existing powerpoints to Google Docs.
- You understand how to control sharing settings on your Google Docs.
- You already have lecture materials in Powerpoint format or have lecture materials that would easily translate to Powerpoint format.
- You want your students to click through a slideshow of lecture materials instead of just reading text or a handout.
1. Log into your Google account and navigate to your Documents.
2. Upload an existing powerpoint and convert it to Google format, OR create a new presentation.
3. If creating a new presentation, add a title and insert slides as needed.
4. When your presentation is complete, save it and then click Share > Publish/embed.
5. If your presentation is still set to Private, you'll first get a message about needing to publish it. Click "Publish document."
6. You'll receive a confirmation message that the document is public on the web, and it will also show the iframe code that you need to embed your presentation.
7. Highlight and copy the iframe code. (Below is a screen shot for the sake of example. Each iframe code will be a little different.)
8. Back in your Moodle course, add a resource and select "Compose a web page."
9. In the "full web page" area (past the Summary) you'll see a little editing icon that looks like this:
that says "Toggle HTML source" if you hover over it. Click that icon.
10. You'll be put into plain text mode. Paste the iframe code into the content area and save.
11. Your presentation will be embedded and students will be able to click through the slides.