Switch to "mymobile" theme on your course
myMobile is a theme for Moodle 2+ that is customized and optimized for smart phones and tablets. It is based on jquerymobile. For a device support grid, please visit the jquerymobile website (http://jquerymobile.com/).
This theme has been tested most thoroughly on IOS devices, including iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4 and iPad. IOS 4+ is highly recommended. Also tested on Android 2.1+. Desktop browser support includes Chrome 10+, safari, Firefox 4+ and Internet Explorer 9.
What this is:
This is a complex theme designed to provide a ui-enhanced mobile-ready version of your moodle2 install to students and teachers. It supports a basic student/teacher scenario: usage of standard moodle2 activities and assignments, as well as access to calendar, messages, blocks and resources.
This theme attempts to display your standard moodle course content in a mobile friendly format. You can assist in this process by making your moodle install more mobile friendly by:
- making sure theme designer mode is turned off and that language cache is turned on.
- Avoid placing large images and video directly on the front of course pages. Instead, link to images and video via activities, resources and pages.
- using .mp4 for audio/video or the youtube embedder (youtube embedder seems to be the best cross-browser solution at the moment).
- making sure your mobile device’s OS is up to date.
- using the latest weekly install of Moodle 2.
- Linking to resource files (PDF, MS Office files, etc.) instead of embedding them.